Summer is here, and it’s a great time to start Taekwondo training. We took a few minutes to put together our top reasons.
1. A dobok, the Taekwondo uniform, is long sleeve, so you don’t need to apply sunscreen at all!
It’s also worth noting that our indoor facility protects you from the sun, but let’s not focus on that. If you go to the beach or the pool, you have to goop up with sunscreen. Taekwondo is great fun and exercise without wondering which SPF you need.
2. You can save all the boards you break from now until winter to build a toasty fire.
Taekwondo training includes kyukpa or power breaking. Develop your strength and prove it by breaking sections of pine board.
3. Taekwondo is a great workout. We’ll help you get that swimsuit bod.
Taekwondo class will build core strength, balance, flexibility, and stamina. Every class includes an aerobic warm-up, stretching, core calisthenics, and more exercise in the form of practicing taekwondo technique. We don’t make promises on how soon you’ll get the swimsuit shape you want. That’s up to you and how hard you work!
4. The kids are out of school and you’re tired of them screaming in the house. Good news, yelling is encouraged during Taekwondo class.
Physical power in taekwondo is combined with a kihap. Kihap literally means spirit breath. All your energy and focus becomes part of a loud, forceful exhalation.
In other words, kids, I want you to yell as loud as you can when you hit this target.
5. It’s sunny now, but night comes early in the winter. Start training self-defense to protect yourself from bandits, brigands, thieves, and scoundrels!
We spent a long time on thesaurus.com finding synonyms for this one. Taekwondo can also help you defend against highwaymen, desperados, footpads, crooks, and outlaws.
To illustrate the point, here’s a student defending herself against Master Amerson in full brigand regalia.
6. You know those stories where people punch a shark to save themselves? We teach you how to punch!
We also strongly recommend that you stay away from shark infested waters. Taekwondo is an amazing martial art that teaches you to kick and punch to defend yourself, but sharks are amazing predators at the top of the underwater food chain. Err on the side of caution.
7. Some fashion guidelines say no white before Memorial Day. We think it’s good year round, but satisfy everyone by getting your white dobok now.
Honestly, it’s not clear where this guideline came from. A white dobok works in winter too.
8. Amerson’s Takewondo has a summer special! Sign up by August 31 and get a free month!
When you sign up between now and August 31, we’ll apply a coupon at checkout making your next month free!
Contact us today to start your martial arts training and take advantage of our free month offer!