All students are expected to abide by the following rules and regulations in the dojang.
- All students of Amerson’s Taekwondo and Fitness are expected to exemplify our Student Creed and Commitments.
- Before entering the workout area of the dojang, students must remove their shoes.
- When a student enters or exits the workout area of the dojang, he or she is expected to bow to the flag as a gesture of respect for what the flag represents.
- When the student meets the instructor or another black belt, the student will bow thus showing respect and practicing humility.
- Students should not bring valuables to class. Jewelry including rings, watches, earrings, or other piercings should not be worn to class due to the potential for injury to both the student wearing the jewelry and his or her partners.
- The student uniform, the dobok, should always be kept clean and neat in appearance. Students of this school are expected to practice exceptionally good personal hygeine for the safety of everyone involved. Fingernails and toenails are to be kept short, neatly trimmed, and clean of dirt.
- If during class one’s uniform requires adjustment, the student should turn his or her back to the flag, fix the uniform, and turn back around.
- Students are not to chew gum, eat anything, or consume liquids other than water in the dojang excepting special events by permission of Master Amerson.
- Students are not allowed to spar or practice board breaking without the permission of Master Amerson. Under no circumstance may students practice techniques or forms which the instructors have not yet taught them.
- All self defense techniques taught in this school should not be used or applied in any way outside of class unless the safety of the students or people around him or her is in jeopardy.
- Address instructors as “sir” or “ma’am” at all times. When referring to instructors and other students, use the appropriate title.
- Master Instructor – Sa Bum Nim
- Certified Instructor (2nd Dan and Up) – Kyo Sa Nim
- Senior Rank – Sun Bae Nim
- When classes are in session, conversations among participants, parents, or spectators are not allowed except in emergencies. No disruptions will be tolerated.
- Students should exhibit patience and do their best to work toward the next rank. Students should not ask to be promoted; the student will be invited to the exam when the instructors think he or she is ready.
- If a student of this school fails to conduct himself or herself in an acceptable manner either in or out of class, Amerson’s Taekwondo and Fitness reserves the right to withdraw any rank the student may have earned either temporarily or permanently.